First Bake for 2012!
My last bake for 2011 was cupcakes. And I failed. 🙁
My first bake for 2012 is cupcakes. Again. And this time, it was a success using another recipe. Yippee! 😀
Having failed in baking cupcakes for my best buddy’s birthday was kind of demoralizing and not forgetting many stupid things happening on that day when I cut my finger and also break a glass container cap. Boohoo! With this failure in mind, I decided to look around for other cupcakes recipe and decided that I still prefer recipes that I read from Bakers Royale. Went to her blog and looked around for cupcakes recipe before deciding on the Dark Chocolate Cupcake she has been using for most of her cupcakes. 🙂
So with all the preparations and following all the instructions, the 20 minutes of baking in the oven was kind of excruciating after my bad experience for the last cupcake experience in 2011! So while cleaning up the kitchen and washing up, I was staring intently at the oven and realised the cupcakes were growing beautifully! And then there was 2 minutes left to the kind of the baking time and not long later it was done! Tested with a wooden skewer and it came out clean. SO HAPPY! 😀
So here’s ぐまこ from Goodsmile Company trying out my cupcake! (^_−)☆
And here’s the recipe from Bakers Royale. Slightly modified for my use. 🙂
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 60g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetend cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coarse-grained sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp table-salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place butter, chocolate and cocoa in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gently stir the mixture until the chocolate and butter are melted and combined. Set aside and allow mixture to cool to a warm state.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl to combine.
- Whisk eggs in another bowl to combine. Add sugar, vanilla and salt and whisk until fully incorporated. Then add in the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift 1/3 of the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Whisk in the sour cream until combined. Then sift the remaining flour mixture over the mixture and whisk until batter is homogenous and thick.
- Fill each cupcake liner until about 2/3 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until the wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack before indulging.
- Do not double. Make in batches.