First Cooking Recipe Attempt!
In the past, we have always been buying the ready-made tomato sauce from supermarket to prepare our pasta craving. And it’s always only tomato sauce since we don’t like the thick and creamy taste of carbonara.
Since we have both always loved ordering Aglio Olio, we decided to try preparing our first Aglio Olio! So off we went searching for recipes, which came back with a lot of results and so it was just picking on which is easier to understand. So I picked a recipe from NoobCook. It was the Basic Aglio Olio recipe.
From there, we printed out the recipe list and off we went to the supermarket to pick out our ingredients and start our preparation for our first cooking recipe! 🙂
Chopped garlic, sliced chilli padi, teared bacon and sliced mushrooms.
Dried parsley. Didn’t get the fresh ones since we are only using it once. 🙂
Time to boil the pasta to al dente! 🙂
Stir fry time!
Our end product! It’s unexpectedly delicious. Haha! Nice first attempt! *nom nom nom*
Here’s our modified recipe for your use. 🙂
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 chilli padis, cut to slices
- 4 swiss brown mushroom, cut to slices
- 4 tsp of dried parsley
- 100g of bacon, torn into small pieces
- Fill a pot with water, vegetable oil and salt.
- Boil the spaghetti in the pot until it’s al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and stir fry the chopped garlic, parsley and sliced chilli padis until it’s fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and bacon. Stir fry the ingredients until everything is cooked.
- Add the spaghetti and toss until the parsley and garlics are evenly spread out.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix evenly to give the spaghetti some shine.
- Serve while hot.