Grill Grill Grill! Grilled Prawns!
Grilled Prawns. It has got to be one of the easiest and tastiest thing we have learnt to make!
It was just one of those days when we decided to find a new recipe to experiment with and I just sort of came upon Piggy’s Cooking Journal on how to make yummy grilled prawns! So we decided to head out and grab us some of the ingredients to make us a simple meal of grilled prawns and mashed potatoes! Will post the recipe of the mashed potatoes some other day then! (*´∀｀)
- 500g large prawns
- 1.5 bulbs garlic, peeled
- 3 medium-sized red chillies
- 3 stalks flat leaf parsley
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Set the oven to grill function (top heat only) and preheat to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse and remove the veins from the prawns.
- Chop garlic, chillies and parsley until fine.
- Mix the chopped ingredients with olive oil, salt and pepper then spread on the prawns evenly.
- Thread the prawns onto skewers, piercing first through the tail then the head.
- Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Grill the prawns for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- After grilling the prawns, we realised the marinate mixture tends to slide off the slippery shells of the prawns and it seems like not much taste has been absorbed into the prawns. An advice is to de-shell the prawn for maximum marinating.
If you have an oven and has a top-grill, don’t waste it!!! Try out this simple recipe and I am sure these will disappear right off the dish as soon as it has been served! (ت)♪