Happy Valentine’s Day~! ♥
This year Feng and I had a slightly different Valentine’s Day~! Instead of visiting our regular restaurant, Dallas Restaurant, for our Valentine’s Day dinner, we decided to prepare our own Valentine’s Day set meal at home! (﹡ˆ﹀ˆ﹡)♡
Our simple set meal consists of a Cream of Mushroom soup, Prawn and Meatball Aglio Olio and our choice of drink, Coca Cola~! Dessert will be cheesecake and a glass of Moscato. Hehe. (^з^)-☆
I was following The Little Teochew’s recipe for the Cream of Mushroom soup. I have to say mine doesn’t taste or even look half like hers. Hahaha! I probably got to try harder the next time by tweaking some of the ingredients I used this time. (；゜∀゜)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup single or pouring cream
- Black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add butter and onion into the saucepan and sweat the onions.
- Add the mushrooms into the saucepan and cook until the onions are softened and liquid from the mushrooms is almost gone.
- Add milk and bring the saucepan to boil. Then add cream, salt and black pepper.
- Use an immersion handheld blender to blend soup until desired smoothness is achieved.
- (If you do not have an immersion blender, use a food processor to chop up your mushrooms to your desired chunkiness before cooking.)
- Ladle into the bowl and top with some black pepper and you’re ready to serve~!
I obviously made quite some mistake here while preparing the soup. I read the instructions in the recipe as blend THE SOUP in the food processor instead of chopping the mushrooms in the food processor BEFORE cooking. AH CRAP. Hahaha! That probably explains the soup being not as thick and yummy. Also probably ‘cos we used HL milk instead of the usual Meiji milk, the soup tasted sweeter than salty. MEH. Also probably ‘cos we can’t find single/pouring cream, we don’t really get a thick soup? Obviously a lot of tweaking to be done the next time we try again. I have to remember that stupid mistake of blending my soup. Hahaha! ( ° 3°;) ♪♭~
Well even though the soup slightly sux, it was still drinkable though I didn’t really finished it since it really tasted more milky than salty. Haha! But as usual, the aglio olio that we had was superbly yummy.
Here’s what my dearest Feng bought for me as a Valentine’s Day gift, a Piggeeks Bag of Goodies~! It consists of a box of chocolates from Max Brenner, a bottle of lovey-dovey rock candy from Sweet Enchantment, a Valentine’s Day card and a Sony USB Portable Power Supply~! (●^з^●)/ヾ*･｡ﾟ☆
I am a happy Piggeek Girl~! (ت)♪