Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
It has been a few weeks since I left my job to stay home for relaxation (for the time being only of ‘cos).
With the free time, I am able to clear some housework and also do more cooking! Well… Cooking ain’t my best so I can only start from the most basic recipes that can be found out there.
And also since Feng bought us a new food processor, we have been indulging ourselves with smoothies few times a week! A healthy diet for 2013! 🙂
So here’s fruits for our smoothie~! A simple Strawberry and Banana smoothie. At times I will make myself a Banana smoothie for my breakfast all thanks to the simple recipe. 🙂
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup ice
- Throw all the cut-up strawberries and banana into the food processor. Blend at the highest speed (15 on my food processor) until everything is mashed up.
- Stop the blending. Now pour the yogurt and honey into the food processor and blend at a slightly lower speed (10 on my food processor) until mixed.
- Stop the blending again. Pour all the ice into the food processor and start the blending at the highest speed until all the ice has been blended.
- Serve while cold!
- I followed the instructions according to the user manual of my food processor and of ‘cos I am rephrasing them according to how I do it. Instructions everywhere else is as simple as “Throw everything in and start the processor to blend”. Haha!
- You can adjust the sweetness of the drink by adding in suitable amount of honey. 1/2 tsp was just right for me. We also decided to use honey instead of sugar for a healthy replacement.
Enjoy the yummy-licious healthy drink! 🙂