The Return of Cream of Mushroom~!
After yesterday’s failure in cooking up a nice pot of cream of mushroom, I revisited the recipe today again! (*´へ｀*)”
Following the recipe I posted yesterday, here’s the edited version of what I did today to make it a success following The Little Teochew’s instructions! YAY! ✿“ヽ(´︶｀*)ﾉ”✿
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g mixed variety of mushrooms
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- Black pepper
- Using a food processor, chop up the mushrooms in batches until the mushrooms are in puree.
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add butter and onion into the saucepan and sweat the onions in low heat, covering the saucepan as you do so.
- Add the chopped mushrooms into the saucepan and cook until the onions are softened and liquid from the mushrooms is almost gone.
- Add milk and bring the saucepan to boil. Then add cream, salt and black pepper.
- Ladle into the bowl and top with some black pepper and you’re ready to serve~!
Of ‘cos this time the preparation was totally different. I chopped/blended the mushrooms to almost a puree form following The Little Teochew’s advice to use the food processor to chop the mushrooms up in 3 batches. Also during the sweating of the onions, I have let the sweating process took place for about 10 minutes with the saucepan covered. Once in a while I will open to stir the onions so as not to let the onion caramelise. Remember to do this in LOW HEAT.
After tweaking all the above-mentioned steps, everything was perfect! And we each had a nice bowl of cream of mushroom with black pepper chicken fillet, marinated the same way as the black pepper chicken wings but this time using my food processor to grind peppercorns instead! ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ﾉ ♬ ♪
Happy us enjoying our home-made Western meal~! Absolutely love my cream of mushroom now. Finished my own bowl of soup. Haha! (ت)♪